Guys and dolls [videorecording] / the Samuel Goldwyn Company presents ; produced by Samuel Goldwyn in Cinemascope ; written for the screen and directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz.
- Deluxe ed.; Anamorphic widescreen.
- Culver City, CA : Distributed by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Inc., 2006.
1 videodisc (149 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 scrapbook ( p. : col. ill. ; 19 cm.)
- Salvation Army -- Drama.
Missionaries -- Drama.
Gamblers -- Drama.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Language is English, French or Spanish with English, French or Spanish subtitles.
Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- DVD; Dolby digital; 2.55:1 anamorphic widescreen.
- Musical comedy about the romancing of a beautiful Salvation Army missionary on a bet by a New York gentleman gambler. What initally begins as a bet, however, turns into true love.
- Marlon Brando, Jean Simmons, Frank Sinatra, Vivian Blaine, Robert Keith, Stubby Kaye.
- Credits: Photographer, Harry Stradling ; film editor, Daniel Mandell ; music and lyrics by Frank Loesser ; choreography, Michael Kidd.
- Based on the play: Guys and dolls / book by Jo Swerling and Abe Burrows, from a Damon Runyon story.
A videodisc release of the motion picture originally produced in 1955.
Special features: Guys and Dolls: from stage to screen documentary; Guys and Dolls: The Goldwyn Touch documentary and more!
- Mankiewicz, Joseph L. , Screenwriter, Director
Loesser, Frank, 1910-1969. , Composer, Lyricist
Kidd, Michael, 1919-2007. , Choreographer
Sinatra, Frank, 1915-1998 , Actor
Brando, Marlon. , Actor
Simmons, Jean, 1929-2010 , Actor
Blaine, Vivian, 1921-1995. , Actor
Goldwyn, Samuel, 1882-1974. , Producer
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer. , Producer
Samuel Goldwyn Home Entertainment (Firm) , Distributor
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (Firm) , Distributor
- Runyon, Damon, 1880-1946. Guys and dolls., Author
Swerling, Jo, 1897-1964. Guys and dolls, Author
- Publisher Number:
14311 Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|