Professional pursuits : women and the American arts and crafts movement / Catherine W. Zipf.
- 1st ed.
- Knoxville : University of Tennessee Press, c2007.
x, 229 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Arts and crafts movement -- United States.
Women artists -- United States.
Women -- Employment -- United States.
Women's rights -- United States.
- Introduction: opportunities for women
Woman as architect
Case study: the career of Hazel Wood Waterman
Woman as inventor
Case study: Mary Louise McLaughlin and ceramic technology
Woman as executive
Case study: businesswoman Candace Thurber Wheeler
Woman as editor
Case study: Adelaide Alsop Robineau and the publication of Keramic Studio
Women and the American arts and crafts movement
Case study: The craftsman, by Irene Sargent
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -214) and index.
- 9781572336018 (hardcover : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|