Molecular biology of the cell / Bruce Alberts ... [et al.] ; with problems by John Wilson, Tim Hunt.
- 5th ed.
- New York : Garland Science, c2008.
1 v. (various pagings) : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 28 cm. + 1 DVD-ROM (4 3/4 in.).
- Medical subjects:
- System Details:
- System requirements for accompanying DVD-ROM: Macintosh OS X or Microsoft Windows.
- Accompanying DVD-ROM contains ... "chapters 21-25 : Multicellular systems; figures and tables in PowerPoint and JPEG formats; panels in PDF format; over 130 movies; Cell Biology Interactive Media Player."--DVD-ROM label.
- Cells and genomes
Cell chemistry and biosynthesis
DNA, chromosomes, and genomes
DNA replication, repair, and recombination
How cells read the genome: from DNA to protein
Control of gene expression
Manipulating proteins, DNA, and RNA
Membrane transport of small molecules and the electrical properties of membranes
Intracellular compartments and protein sorting
Intracellular vesicular traffic
Energy conversion: mitochondria and chloroplasts
Mechanisms of cell communication
The cell cycle
Cell junctions, cell adhesion, and the extracellular matrix
Sexual reproduction: meiosis, germ cells, and fertilization
Development of multicellular organisms
Specialized tissues, stem cells, and tissue renewal
Pathogens, infection, and innate immunity
The adaptive immune system.
Tables: The genetic code, amino acids.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Anne and Joseph Trachtman Memorial Book Fund.
Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Louis A. Duhring Fund.
Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Clarence J. Marshall Memorial Library Fund.
- Alberts, Bruce.
Louis A. Duhring Fund.
Clarence J. Marshall Memorial Library Fund.
Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
Anne and Joseph Trachtman Memorial Book Fund.
- 9780815341055 (hardcover)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|