Payne's universum, or, Pictorial world : being a collection of engravings of views in all countries, portraits of great men, and specimens of works of art, of all ages and of every character.
- London : Brain and Payne ; New York : Charles Mũller, [184-]
pts. : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Europe -- Civilization -- 19th century.
Europe -- Civilization -- 18th century.
Europe -- Description and travel.
Europe -- Biography.
- Advertisements -- England -- London -- 19th century.
- Title and imprint from front wrapper of no. 2.
Many engravings signed "A. H. Payne".
The complete work, edited by Charles Edwards, appeared in 3 v., 1845-1847.
Parts issued in illustrated paper wrappers printed with publisher's advertisements.
- Local notes:
- Presented to the Penn Libraries by Michael Zinman.
Penn Libraries copy imperfect: RBC has no. 2 only; title leaf wanting.
- Penn Provenance:
- Zinman, Michael (donor)
- Penn Chronology:
- Edwards, Charles.
Books in Parts Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|