Becoming Jane [videorecording] / Miramax Films, Hanway Films, UK Film Council and Bord Scannán na hÉireann/The Irish Film Board present in association with 2 Entertain and BBC Films and Ecosse Films production in association with Blueprint Pictures, produced with Scion Films ; producers, Graham Broadbent, Robert Bernstein, Douglas Rae ; written by Sarah Williams and Kevin Hood ; director, Julian Jarrold.
- Burbank, Calif. : Miramax Home Entertainment : Distributed by Buena Vista Home Entertainment, 
1 videodisc (120 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Austen, Jane, 1775-1817 -- Drama.
Women novelists, English -- Biography -- Drama.
Man-woman relationships -- England -- Drama.
Families -- Drama.
England -- Drama.
- Biographical films.
Motion pictures, British.
Motion pictures, Irish.
Romantic comedy films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English or dubbed Spanish, with Spanish or French subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD ; Region 1 ; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround.
- The young Jane Austen wishes to be a writer. Her mother thinks otherwise. Although she is offered many marriage proposals she accepts none until the mischevious Thomas Lefroy shows up and turns her world around. At first she finds him ignorant and self centered but as she gets to know him, they start to flirt and eventually fall in love. Thomas' relatives disagree with the match and threaten to disinherit him if he marries her. Jane's mother also disagrees with the match. As a result of this, Thomas tries to convince Jane to runaway with him. Instead, Jane stays with her family and ends her affair with Lefroy. She begins to write some of her greatest works of all time. Lefroy becomes the inspiration for Mr. Darcy in the novel, Pride and Prejudice.
- Anne Hathaway, James McAvoy, Julie Walters, James Cromwell, Maggie Smith.
- Director of photography, Eigil Bryld ; editor, Emma E. Hickox ; music, Adrian Johnston ; costume designer, Eimer ní Mhaoldomhnaigh ; production designer, Eve Stewart ; hair and makeup designer, Veronica Brebner.
- Aspect ratio 2.35:1.
Special features: Discovering the real Jane Austen; "Becoming Jane" pop-up facts and footnotes; deleted scenes; audio commentary.
- Jarrold, Julian. , Director
Broadbent, Graham. , Producer
Bernstein, Robert. , Producer
Rae, Douglas. , Producer
Williams, Sarah. , Screenwriter
Hood, Kevin. , Screenwriter
Hathaway, Anne, 1982- , Actor
McAvoy, James, 1979- , Actor
Walters, Julie, 1950- , Actor
Cromwell, James. , Actor
Smith, Maggie, 1934- , Actor
Johnston, Adrian. , Composer
Miramax Films. , Producer
HanWay (Firm). , Producer
UK Film Council. , Producer
Bord Scannán na hÉireann. , Producer
2 Entertain (Firm) , Producer
BBC Films. , Producer
Ecosse Films (Firm) , Producer
Blueprint Pictures (Ireland). , Producer
Scion Films. , Producer
Miramax Home Entertainment (Firm) , Distributor
Buena Vista Home Entertainment (Firm). , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
54104 Miramax Home Entertainment
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|