In the valley of Elah [videorecording] / Warner Independent Pictures in association with NALA Films, Summit Entertainment and SMC ; a Blackfriar's Bridge production ; produced by Paul Haggis ... [et al.] ; story by Mark Boal & Paul Haggis ; screenplay and directed by Paul Haggis.
- Widescreen version.
- Burbank, CA : Warner Home Video, 
1 videodisc (121 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Absence without leave -- United States -- Drama.
Fathers and sons -- United States -- Drama.
Murder -- Investigation -- United States -- Drama.
Detectives -- United States -- Drama.
- Feature films.
Detective and mystery films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Thrillers (Motion pictures)
- In English, dubbed French, or dubbed Spanish, with English, French or Spanish subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD ; Region 1 ; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround.
- Hank, a retired Sergeant with the Military Police, receives a call informing him that his youngest son, Mike, has gone AWOL. He thought his son was in Iraq, but is informed that Mike returned stateside four days ago with his platoon. When he calls his son's cell phone and gets voice mail, he drives to Fort Rudd and begins to make inquiries, but with each inquiry he comes to a dead end. Then a body is found, dismembered and burned beyond recognition and is identified as Mike. Hank tries to find out what happened, but continues to encounter hurdles. Yet he is persistent, uncovering things no one wants to hear, including himself.
- Tommy Lee Jones, Charlize Theron, Jason Patric, Susan Sarandon, James Franco, Barry Corbin, Josh Brolin.
- Director of photography, Roger Deakins ; editor, Jo Francis ; music, Mark Isham ; costume designer, Lisa Jensen ; production designer, Laurence Bennett.
- DVD release of the 2007 motion picture.
Aspect ratio 2.40:1.
Special features: "In the valley of Elah: after Iraq" featurette; "In the valley of Elah: coming home" featurette; additional scenes.
Venice Film Festival, 2007: SIGNIS Award (Paul Haggis)
- Haggis, Paul. , Producer, Screenwriter, Director
Boal, Mark. , Author
Jones, Tommy Lee, 1946- , Actor
Theron, Charlize. , Actor
Patric, Jason. , Actor
Sarandon, Susan, 1946- , Actor
Franco, James, 1978- , Actor
Corbin, Barry, 1940- , Actor
Brolin, Josh. , Actor
Warner Independent Pictures. , Producer
Blackfriar's Bridge (Firm) , Producer
NALA Films (Firm) , Producer
Samuels Media (Firm) , Producer
Summit Entertainment. , Producer
Warner Home Video (Firm). , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
1000026357 Warner Home Video
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|