Swahili manuscripts database [electronic resource].
- Other Title:
- Also known as: Swahili manuscripts project
- [London] : School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London
Began in 2000s?
- Swahili literature.
Taylor, W. E. (William Ernest), 1856-1927 -- Archives.
Werner, Alice, 1859-1935 -- Archives.
Hichens, William -- Archives.
Whiteley, Wilfred Howell -- Archives.
Knappert, Jan -- Archives.
Omar, Yahya Ali -- Archives.
- Site in English; digitized manuscript pages in Swahili.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
System requirements: A sound player (such as QuickTime) to play sound recordings.
- A searchable collection of bibliographic information on Swahili manuscripts held at the SOAS Library in Britain. Includes more than 250 manuscripts dating from the 1790's to the 1970's, and contains the papers of William Taylor, Alice Werner, William Hichens, Wilfred Whiteley, Jan Knappert and Yahya Ali Omar. Letters, poetry, stories, notes, essays on history and culture, and drafts of published and unpublished books number among the collection's offerings. Some sound recordings and digitized manuscript pages are also available.
- Title from home page (viewed Feb. 29, 2008).
Produced by the Swahili Manuscripts Project, a collaboration between the Department of the Languages and Cultures of Africa, University of London, and the SOAS Library.
- Taylor, W. E. (William Ernest), 1856-1927.
Werner, Alice, 1859-1935.
Whiteley, Wilfred Howell.
Omar, Yahya Ali.
University of London. School of Oriental and African Studies. Library.
University of London. Department of African Languages and Cultures.
Swahili Manuscripts Project.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|