8 mile [videorecording] / Universal Pictures and Imagine Entertainment present a Brian Grazer/Curtis Hanson production ; producers, Brian Grazer, Curtis Hanson, Jimmy Iovine ; writer, Scott Silver ; director, Curtis Hanson.
- Other Title:
- Eight mile [videorecording]
- Widescreen version; [uncensored version].
- Universal City, CA : Universal, [c2003].
1 videodisc (111 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Rap (Music) -- Drama.
Rap musicians -- Michigan -- Detroit -- Drama.
Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
Friendship -- Drama.
- Teen films.
Melodramas (Motion pictures)
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- English soundtrack; optional soundtracks in French and Spanish.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC Region 1; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround; Dolby Digital 2.0 surround; dts 5.1 surround.
- Jimmy, known to his friends as Rabbit, is a young man trying to make his way out of the burned-out shell of inner-city Detroit. Rabbit is a white kid trying to make music in a predominantly African-American community and culture. After Rabbit freezes up in the midst of an MC battle, he's convinced he's missed his chance and that he's doomed to lead a marginal life as a factory rat for the rest of his days. With the help of his friends, and his new girlfriend Alex, Rabbit struggles to work up the courage and the confidence to take one more shot at making his dream a reality.
- Eminem, Kim Basinger, Brittany Murphy, Mekhi Phifer, Evan Jones, Omar Benson Miller.
- Director of photography, Rodrigo Prieto; editors, Jay Rabinowitz, Craig Kitson; original music, Eminem.
- Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 2002.
Aspect ratio 2.35:1.
Special features: exclusive all-new uncensored Eminem rap battles : free-styling rap competion featuring Eminem; exclusive never-before-seen uncensored "Superman" music video : (song from (from The Eminem Show album); Eminem's personal insight into the making of the film; the music of "8 mile."
- Grazer, Brian, 1953- , Producer
Hanson, Curtis. , Director, Producer
Iovine, Jimmy. , Producer
Silver, Scott. , Screenwriter
Eminem (Musician) , Actor, Composer, Performer
Basinger, Kim, 1953- , Actor
Murphy, Brittany. , Actor
Phifer, Mekhi, 1975- , Actor
Jones, Evan. , Actor
Miller, Omar Benson. , Actor
Universal Pictures (Firm). , Producer
Imagine Entertainment (Firm). , Producer
Universal Studios Home Video (Firm) , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|