Roozi ke zan shodam [videorecording] = The day I became a woman / a film by Marziyeh Meshkini, director ; script, Mohsen Makhmalbaf.
- Other Title:
- Day I became a woman [videorecording]
- [S.l.] : Olive Films ; [St. Charles, IL] : Olive Films Opus, c2000, 2005.
1 videodisc (78 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 booklet.
- Women -- Iran -- Social conditions -- Drama.
Iran -- Social life and customs -- Drama.
- Feature films.
Motion pictures, Iranian.
- Farsi with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD (NTSC); Dolby Digital Stereo.
- Three portraits of women at three stages of life in Iran, including a nine-year-old girl told she can no longer play with boys because she is now a "woman", a young woman who enters a bicycle race against her husband's wishes, and an old woman who gains money and the freedom to do what she wishes with it.
- Fatemah Cheragh , Shabnam Toloui, Azizeh Seddighi.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 2000.
Special features: audio commentary with Richard Pena; original critical essay by Shirin Neshat; photo gallery; weblinks & dvd trailer.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Bernard W. Freeman Book Fund.
- Mishkīnī, Marz̤iyah, 1969- , Director
Makhmalbāf, Muḥsin. , Screenwriter
Cheragh-Akhar, Fatemah , Actor
Toloui, Shabnam. , Actor
Seddighi, Azizeh. , Actor
Olive Films. , Distributor
Bernard W. Freeman Book Fund.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|