Fertile matters : the politics of Mexican-origin women's reproduction / Elena R. Gutiérrez.
- Other Title:
- Politics of Mexican-origin women's reproduction
- 1st ed.
- Austin : University of Texas Press, 2008.
- Chicana matters series
xix, 199 p. ; 24 cm.
- Fertility, Human -- United States.
Mexican Americans -- Population.
Mexican American women.
Involuntary sterilization -- United States -- History.
- The fertility of women of Mexican origin: a social constructionist approach
The twin problems of overpopulation and immigration in 1970s California
"They breed like rabbits": the forced sterilization of Mexican-origin women
"More than a hint of extraordinary fertility...": social science perspectives on Mexican-origin women's reproductive behavior (1912-1980)
Controlling borders and babies: John Tanton, ZPG, and racial anxiety over Mexican-origin women's fertility
The right to have children: Chicanas organizing against sterilization abuse
"Baby-makers and welfare takers": the (not-so) new politics of Mexican-origin women's reproduction
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -183) and index.
- 9780292716810 (cloth : alk. paper)
0292716818 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780292716827 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0292716826 (pbk. : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|