I want to go home [videorecording ] / MK2 productions SA, Films A2, La Sept en association avec les soficas Investimage, Sofinergie, Sofima avec la participation du Centre National de la Cinematographie presentent ; produit par Marin Karmitz ; scenario et dialogues, Jules Feiffer ; realisation, Alain Resnais.
- Other Title:
- Also known as: Je veux returner a la maison [videorecording]
- New York : Kino Video, 2008.
1 videodisc (106 min.) : col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Cartoonists -- Travel -- France -- Drama.
Daughters -- Drama.
Students, Foreign -- France -- Drama.
- Feature films.
Motion pictures, French.
- In English and French with optional English subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD, full screen (1.66:1) presentation, enhanced for 16x9 TVs; Dolby Digital, NTSC.
- American humorist Jules Feiffer and French director Alain Resnais are oddly paired for this satirical comedy about an American cartoonist in Paris. Adolph Green is a stunner as Joey Wellman, a cantankerous American cartoonist traveling abroad for the first time. In tow is Lena Apthrop (Linda Lavin), and the two are ostensibly journeying to Paris to attend a comic-strip exhibition in which Wellman's work is included. But it turns out the exhibition is just an excuse for Wellman to track down his errant daughter Elsie (Laura Benson), who has left Cleveland to take up literature at the Sorbonne. Her professor, Christian Gauthier (Gerard Depardieu) happens to be a big fan of Wellman, and he corrals the cartoonist and Lena to go to the fashionable country estate of his mother Isabelle (Micheline Presle), who tries to put up with her son's American friends.
- Adolph Green, Gerard Depardieu, Linda Lavin, Micheline Presle, John Ashton, Laura Benson.
- Cinematography, Charlie Van Damme; editor, Albert Jurgenson; music, John Kander.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1989.
Special features: Original theatrical trailer; interview with producer Martin Karmitz on the making of the film, and on working with director Alain Resnais.
- Resnais, Alain, 1922- , Director
Karmitz, Marin. , Producer
Feiffer, Jules. , Screenwriter
Depardieu, Gérard, 1948- , Actor
Lavin, Linda, 1937- , Actor
Green, Adolph. , Actor
Presle, Micheline. , Actor
Ashton, John, 1948- , Actor
Benson, Laura. , Actor
MK2 Productions. , Producer
Films A2 (Firm) , Producer
Sept/Arte (Firm) , Producer
Kino International Corporation. , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|