Ben somewhen [sound recording] : choral and chamber music / Howard Skempton.
- Standardized Title:
- London : NMC Recordings, p2007.
- Sound recording
1 sound disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Instrumental ensembles.
Quintets (Clarinet, violins (2), viola, cello).
Choruses (Mixed voices), Unaccompanied.
Ballets -- Excerpts.
Double bass with instrumental ensemble.
- Sung in English.
- Chamber concerto (5:30)
Clarinet quintet (8:43)
The voice of the spirits (7:30)
The bridge of fire (7:04)
Delicate. Suite (18:12)
Roundels of the year (7:15)
Rise up, my love (8:35)
Ben somewhen (12:16).
- John Tattersdill, double bass (8th work) ; Birmingham Contemporary Music Group (1st-2nd, 5th, 8th works) ; Exaudi (3rd-4th, 6th-7th works) ; James Weeks, conductor.
- The 1st work for 15 instruments; the 2nd work for clarinet, 2 violins, viola, and violoncello; the 3rd, 4th, 6th, and 7th works for choir (SATB); the 5th work a suite extracted from dance music for Delicate, for 2 violoncellos and percussion; the 8th work for double bass with flute, clarinet, harp, violin, viola, and 2 violoncellos.
Title from container.
Texts by Percy Bysshe Shelley (3rd work), James Elroy Flecker (4th work), John Drinkwater (6th work), and from the Song of Solomon (7th work).
Recorded Jan. 16-17, 2007 at St. Paul's Church, Knightsbridge, London (3rd-4th, 6th-7th works) and Apr. 14-15, 2007 at the CBSO Centre, Birmingham (remaining works).
Includes texts with program notes by Howard Skempton and James Weeks on insert.
- Tattersdill, John. , Performer
Weeks, James. , Conductor
Birmingham Contemporary Music Group. , Performer
Exaudi (Choral ensemble) , Performer
- Skempton, Howard, 1947- Chamber concerto.
Skempton, Howard, 1947- Quintet, clarinet, violins, viola, cello.
Skempton, Howard, 1947- Voice of the spirits.
Skempton, Howard, 1947- Bridge of fire.
Skempton, Howard, 1947- Delicate. Suite.
Skempton, Howard, 1947- Roundels of the year.
Skempton, Howard, 1947- Rise up, my love.
Skempton, Howard, 1947- Ben somewhen.
- Publisher Number:
NMC D135 NMC Recordings
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|