The Bible in miniuture [sic], or, A concise history of the Old and New Testaments.
- Other Title:
- Bible in miniature
- Lond. : Printed for E. Newbery, Corner of St. Pauls Church Yard, 1780.
256 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 44 mm
- Bible -- Thumb Bibles -- Specimens.
Miniature books -- Specimens.
Miniature books (Printing) -- Specimens -- Great Britain -- 1780.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- Signatures: A-Q⁸.
Engraved title page only; New Testament has separate engraved title page: "A concise history of the New Testament ...".
- Local notes:
- Penn Libraries copy bound in publisher's full red morocco; covers stamped in gold with central black, gold-stamped medallion; gold-stamped spine panels; two raised, gold-stamped bands on spine; gold-stamped cover-edges and blind-stamped turn-ins; marbled endpapers; all edges gilt.
Penn Libraries copy has partially illegible ms. inscription on title leaf and inscription ("Ann Naish given by her Sister S Naish") on recto of back free endpaper; front cover detached; bookseller's printed description laid in; photocopy of p. 128 of Stuart Bennett's Trade bookbinding in the British Isles 1660-1800 laid in.
- Penn Provenance:
- Naish, Ann (autograph)
Naish, S. (inscription)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Roscoe, S., John Newbery, J28(2)
Adomeit, R.E., Three centuries of thumb Bibles, B27
- Newbery, E. (Elizabeth), 1746-1821, printer.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|