Understanding the new Black poetry; Black speech and Black music as poetic references, by Stephen Henderson.
- New York, William Morrow & Company, Inc., 1973.
xxii, , 394,  pages 21 cm
- American poetry -- African American authors.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- Introduction: The Forms of Things Unknown
Section I: Pre-Harlem Renaissance and Soul-Field
Section II: The Harlem Renaissance and Afterward, Soul-Field
Section III: The New Black Consciousness, The Same Difference.
- "An Institute of the Black World book."
"Jacket design by Walter Harper."
Includes bibliographical references.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy: dustjacket retained.
Banks Collection copy has embossed stamp "JB The Library of Joanna Banks".
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (stamp) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0688001394 :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|