The presidency in the era of 24-hour news / Jeffrey E. Cohen.
- Other Title:
- Presidency in the era of twenty-four-hour news
- Princeton : Princeton University Press, c2008.
xiv, 256 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Presidents -- United States.
Mass media -- Political aspects -- United States.
Press and politics -- United States.
Presidents -- Press coverage -- United States.
United States -- Politics and government -- Press coverage.
- The growing disconnect between presidential news coverage and public opinion
The presidential news system during the golden age of presidential television
The new media age and the decline in presidential news
Change in presidential news over the long haul : the New York times historical series, 1857-1998
The increasing negativity in presidential news in the age of new media
Sources of negativity in presidential news during the age of new media
The declining audience for news and the new media age
Declining trust in the news media and the new media age
The implications of the new media on the presidential news system and presidential leadership
Conclusions: The new media, the presidency, and American politics.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -249) and index.
- 9780691133065 (hardcover : alk. paper)
0691133069 (hardcover : alk. paper)
9780691137179 (alk. paper)
069113717X (alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|