Philosophicae disquisitiones [secun]dum Aristotelis mentem [manuscript].
- [Naples], 1752.
129 leaves : paper ; 189 x 136 (163 x 108) mm. bound to 199 x 145 mm.
- Aristotle -- Criticism and interpretation -- Early works to 1800.
Logic -- Early works to 1800.
Medicine -- Early works to 1800.
Manuals (instructional materials)
Manuscripts, Latin -- 18th century.
- Two works: notes on logic, and a manual of medicine. The logical work passes from terms to propositions to syllogisms. The medical manual covers a great variety of illnesses, diseases, and wounds. According to the last page of the codex, the author was a student of Thomas de Philippis.
- 1. f.1r-32v: Philosophicae disquisitiones secundum Aristotelis mentem.
2. f.37r-122v: Diversae chirurgicae insitutiones.
- Ms. codex.
Title from caption title (f. 1r); author name from f. 123r.
Collation: Paper, 129; 1¹²(-1, 2) 2-15⁸ 16⁸(-8); contemporary pagination in ink, 1-62, upper outer corner (f. 1r-31v); modern pencil foliation, lower right recto.
Layout: Written in 32 long lines.
Script: Written in a cursive script, though the usual hand is interrupted by another on f. 79r-v, 81v-82r.
Watermark: Later variation of Briquet Fleur de Lis 7109 (1562); unidentifiable mark depicting three circles arranged vertically topped by a crown, with "S" in the bottom circle and a fleur de lis in each of the others; unidentifiable mark depicting a coat of arms with lion rampant, diagonal band, and many flourishes, all beneath a crown.
Decoration: Elaborately decorated initials in titles, depicting leafy motifs (f. 1r, 13v, 21r, 61r); diagrams of logical relations (f. 20v).
Binding: Contemporary parchment.
Origin: Written in Naples in 1752 (f. 123r).
- Cited in:
- Described in Zacour, Norman P. and Hirsch, Rudolf. Catalogue of Manuscripts in the Libraries of the University of Pennsylvania to 1800, Supplement B. The Library Chronicle 45 (1981), p. 10 (Ms. Latin 275).
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Codex 1175
- Thomas, de Philippis.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|