Deconstructing theodicy : why Job has nothing to say to the puzzled [i.e. puzzle of] suffering / David B. Burrell with A.H. Johns.
- Other Title:
- Subtitle on cover: why Job has nothing to say to the puzzle of suffering
- Grand Rapids, Mich. : Brazos Press, c2008.
144 p. ; 22 cm.
- Bible. O.T.. Job. -- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
Theodicy -- Biblical teaching.
- Introducing the strategies of this reflection
The structure of the book with its framing story
Three rounds of multifaceted dialogue
Denouement and epilogue
A comparative glance at Ayyub in the Qur'an (by A.H. Johns)
Classical commentaries : Saadiah, Maimonides, Aquinas, and Gersonides
Job mediating two opposing views of theodicy
Assessing Job's contribution to theodicy : contrasting semantics of explaining and addressing.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 139-141) and index.
- 9781587432224 (pbk.)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|