Americaner Schadchen [videorecording] / Fame Films ; produced and directed by Edgar G. Ulmer. I Want to be a boarder = Ikh ṿil zayn a border / Jewish Talking Picture Co. ; produced and directed by Joseph Seiden.
- Other Title:
- I want to be a boarder [videorecording]
Ikh ṿil zayn a border [videorecording]
Title on container slip: Amerikaner Shadkhn [videorecording]
English parallel title on container slip: American matchmaker [videorecording]
- [S.l. : s.n., 200-?].
1 videocassette (102 min.) : sd., b&w. ; 1/2 in.
- Motion pictures, Yiddish.
Jews -- New York (State) -- New York -- Drama.
Marriage -- Drama.
Marriage brokerage -- Drama.
- Musical films.
- Yiddish, with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- Americaner schadchen: "East European shtetl mores enter into gentle negotiations with New York sophistication in the lives of Ulmer's second-generation AMerican Jewish immigrants." -- I want to be a boarder: "Two veterans of the Yiddish stage play a husband and wife who seek release from marital bickering and a rekindling of courtship's excitement by pretending to be landlady and tenant."
- Americaner schadchen: Leo Fuchs, Judith Abarbanel, Judel Dubinsky.
I want to be a boarder: Leo Fuchs, Yetta Zwerling.
- Americaner schadchen (87 min.): film made in 1940; story, G. Heimo ; screenplay, S. Castle ; dialogue, B. Ressler ; director of photography, J. Burgi Contner ; music, Sam Morgenstern ; lyrics, William Mercur. The story of second generation Jewish immigrants in New York.
I want to be a boarder (15 min.): film made in 1937. The story of a husband and wife who pretend to be landlady and tenant.
- Local notes:
- Freedman Archive Collection. Tape V0111.
- Ulmer, Edgar G. (Edgar George), 1904-1972. , Producer, Director
Castle, Sherle. , Screenwriter
Fuchs, Leo. , Actor
Abarbanel, Judith. , Actor
Dubinsky, Judel. , Actor
Seiden, Joseph. , Producer, Director
Zwerling, Yetta, 1894-1982. , Actor
Jewish Talking Picture Co. , Producer
Robert and Molly Freedman Jewish Music Archive.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|