Photographs of Sher-e-Bangla Nagar, Capital of Bangladesh, Louis I. Kahn, architect, 1986
- Other Title:
- Mildred F. Schmertz collection.
- Local subjects:
- Sher-e-Bangla Nagar (Dhaka, Bangladesh). (search)
- Mildred Floyd Schmertz was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She earned the B.Arch. at Carnegie Institute of Technology (1947) and M.F.A. at Yale (1957). She worked for the firm of John Schurko 1947-1955. Schmertz was a writer and editor for Architectural Record for 33 years, serving as editor-in-chief from 1985 to 1990. She is the editor of several books and author of many articles.
- The collection comprises 18 color slides of the National Assembly Complex at Sher-e-Bangla Nagar, Capital of Bangladesh, Dhaka, Bangladesh, by Louis I. Kahn, architect. These slides were taken by Mildred F. Schmertz in December 1985 and developed in January 1986 (the date printed on the slides).
- Finding Aid/Index:
- Printed finding aid available in the Architectural Archives. Electronic finding aid available in PDF (free Acrobat Reader required).
This collection is indexed (with electronic access to selected images) in Philadelphia Architects and Buildings, a searchable database of architectural research materials.
- Cited as:
- Collection 211, The Architectural Archives, University of Pennsylvania.
- Kahn, Louis I., 1901-1974.
- Access Restriction:
- Collection available for research by appointment only.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|