Travels in China, [electronic resource] : containing descriptions, observations, and comparisons, made and collected in the course of a short residence at the imperial palace of Yuen-min-yuen, and on a subsequent journey through the country, from Pekin to Canton: : in which it is attempted to appreciate the rank that this extraordinary empire may be considered to hold in the scale of civilized nations. : [Two lines of quotations in Latin and English] / By John Barrow, Esq. late private secretary to the Earl of Macartney, and one of his suite as ambassador from the King of Great Britain, to the Emperor of China.
- The first American edition.
- Philadelphia: : Printed and sold by W.F. M'Laughlin, no. 28, North Second-Street., 1805.
- Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 7955.
8, 422 p. : ill., music, port. ; 22 cm.
- Qianlong, Emperor of China, 1711-1799.
China -- Description and travel.
China -- Social life and customs.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- "Printed by W.F. M'Laughlin, no. 28, N. Second-Street."--colophon, p. 422.
Error in paging: p. 184 misnumbered 284.
Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 7955).
Includes bibliographical references.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|