The looking glass for the mind; or, Intellectual mirror. [electronic resource] : Being an elegant collection of the most delightful little stories, and interesting tales, / chiefly translated from that much admired work L'ami des enfans. ; With elegant engravings on wood, by Anderson.
- Standardized Title:
- Ami des enfans. English. Selections
- New-York: : Printed for Evert Duyckinck. Bookseller & stationer. M'Farlane and Long, printers., 1807.
- Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 12112.
iv, 203,  p. : ill.
- Children's stories, French.
Conduct of life -- Juvenile fiction.
- Juvenile literature -- 1807.
Poems -- 1807.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York New York.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Selection of prose and poetry translated from Arnaud Berquin's L'Ami des enfans. Possibly translated by Richard Johnson. Cf. Weedon, M.J.P. "Richard Johnson and the successors of John Newbery." The Library, 5th series, 4 (1949): 37, 55-56.
Caption and running title: Looking-glass.
Last page blank.
Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 12112).
- Johnson, R. (Richard), 1733 or 4-1793.
Anderson, Alexander, 1775-1870, engraver.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|