The children in the woods. [electronic resource] : Being, a true relation of the inhuman murder of two children of a deceased gentleman in Norfolk ... : To a very mournful tune.
- Standardized Title:
- Children in the wood (Ballad)
- [Hartford] : Sold at the printing-office in Hartford., [between 1764 and 1810]
- Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 19766.
1 sheet ( p.
- Infanticide -- Poetry.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Connecticut Hartford.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Verse in thirty-eight stanzas; first line: Now ponder well, you parents dear.
Followed by eight additional lines entitled: A Word of advice to executors.
Text printed in three columns.
Shaw & Shoemaker date this [181-?], but typography and use of the long "s" throughout suggest an earlier printing date. The phrase "Sold at the printing-office in Hartford" appears on several imprints dated between 1764 and 1799.
Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 19766).
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|