The Clergyman's minor almanack; or, An astronomical diary & serious monitor, for the year of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ 1811 ... [electronic resource] : Calculated for the metropolis of Massachusetts, lat. 42° 23' North; but will serve for any of the New England states. ... / By one who wishes to all, of whatever denomination, grace, mercy, and peace ; [Seventeen lines from Thomson]
- Boston: : --Printed for the author, and sold at the bookstore of Lincoln & Edmands, no. 53, Cornhill, and by other booksellers and traders both in town and country. (Price 4 1/2 dolls. per gross, 42 cents per doz. and 6 cents single.) E.G. House, printer., 
- Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 19787.
 p. ; 19 cm.
- Almanacs -- Massachusetts -- 1811.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Massachusetts Boston.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- At head of title: No. III.
This is the shorter version of The Clergyman's almanack for 1811 (Shaw & Shoemaker 19786). The advertisement for the latter, in the Independent chronicle, Boston, for Aug. 23, 1810, states "To meet the wishes of all classes, the Clergyman's almanack is published in two sizes. The double size 9 dolls. per gross; the single size 4:50 per gross."
The 1811 issue is evidently the first; no earlier one is known. The "editor's address to his patrons," p. , states: With the view more extensively to meet the wishes of the public, he now offers them his work in a larger and smaller edition." The address is dated 1810.
Parentheses substituted for square brackets in imprint transcription.
Two states noted. In one, the last word on p.  is 'Mother.' In another, the word 'Finis' appears at the foot of p. .
Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 19787).
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|