Psalms, carefully suited to the Christian worship in the United States of America: [electronic resource] : being an improvement of the old versions of the Psalms of David. : [Two lines from Luke]
- Standardized Title:
- Psalms of David imitated in the language of the New Testament
- A new edition, corrected.
- New-York: : Published by John Tiebout and Sons, 238 Water-Street; Dodge and Sayre, 86 Broad-Way; W.B. Gilley, 92 Broad-Way; Henry I. Megary, 20 Wall-St. John L. Tiffany, 114 Broadway; and John C. Totten, 9 Bowery. J. Seymour, printer., 1817.
- Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 40221.
vii, , 6-596 p. ; 19 cm.
- Watts, Isaac, 1674-1748.
- Psalters -- 1817.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York New York.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Joel Barlow's revision of Isaac Watts' metrical version. Cf. Benson, L. The American revisions of Watts's Psalms (Philadelphia, 1903).
Error in paging: p. 277, 583 misnumbered 177, 183.
Includes indexes to Psalms by subject and first lines (p. -316) and to hymns by subject, title, and first lines (p. -594).
"The life of Isaac Watts, D.D. By Dr. Johnson. From his Lives of the most eminent English poets."--p. [iii]-vii.
"Hymns and spiritual songs. In three books. I. Collected from the Scriptures. II. Composed on divine subjects. III. Prepared for the Lord's Supper. By I Watts, D.D. [Four lines of quotations] New-York: Printed by J. Seymour, no. 49 John-Street. 1817."--p. -596. With separate title page. Includes "A table of the Scriptures that are turned into verse" (p. -596).
Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 40221).
- Barlow, Joel, 1754-1812.
- Watts, Isaac, 1674-1748. Hymns and spiritual songs.
Johnson, Samuel, 1709-1784. Lives of the English poets. Selections.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|