The adventures of old Dame Trudge and her parrot. [electronic resource] : Illustrated with whimsical engravings.
- Standardized Title:
- Dame Trudge and her parrot.
- Other Title:
- Talking bird: Or, Dame Trudge and her parrot.
- Philadelphia: : Published and sold wholesale by Wm. Charles, and may be had of all the booksellers. Price 12 1-2 cents. 1811. W. M'Culloch, printer., 
- Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 22660.
 leaves : ill.
- Children's poetry.
Picture books for children.
Older women -- Juvenile poetry.
Parrots -- Juvenile poetry.
Pets -- Juvenile poetry.
Wit and humor, Juvenile.
- Juvenile literature -- 1811.
Nursery rhymes -- 1811.
Publishers' advertisements -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Pictures with verse. Apparently an American reissue of: The talking bird: Or, Dame Trudge and her parrot (London: J. Harris, 1806). Cf. Welch.
Text and illustrations are metal-engraved throughout, presumably by William Charles. Cf. Weiss, Harry B. William Charles, early caricaturist, engraver and publisher of children's books, New York, 1932, p. 5.
"Of Wm. Charles, may also be had, recently published ..."--advertisement, back cover.
Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 22660).
- Charles, William, 1776-1820, engraver.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|