The entertaining history of Tommy Gingerbread, [electronic resource] : a little boy who lived upon learning. : Ornamented with cuts.
- Standardized Title:
- Giles Gingerbread.
- Other Title:
- The history of Tommy Gingerbread.
- Hartford: : Printed by Hale & Hosmer., 1812 [i.e., 1813].
- Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 51192.
30,  p. : ill. ; 10 cm.
- Children's stories.
Conduct of life -- Juvenile fiction.
Boys -- Juvenile fiction.
Fathers and sons -- Juvenile fiction.
Poor -- Juvenile fiction.
Social classes -- Juvenile fiction.
Boys -- Employment -- Juvenile fiction.
Household employees -- Juvenile fiction.
Honesty -- Juvenile fiction.
Literacy -- Juvenile fiction.
Alphabet -- Juvenile fiction.
Charity -- Juvenile fiction.
- Juvenile literature -- 1813.
Chapbooks -- 1813.
Publishers' advertisements -- Connecticut -- Hartford.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Connecticut Hartford.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Cover title: The history of Tommy Gingerbread, who lived upon learning. Hartford: Printed by Hale & Hosmer. 1813.
Most editions have the name Giles Gingerbread in the title.
Sometimes attributed to John Newbery, who was the first to publish it and other stories especially intended for children. Cf. Dict. of national biog.
Last page blank.
Advertisement for "useful and entertaining publications for young minds, printed and for sale by Hale & Hosmer," p. .
Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 51192).
- Newbery, John, 1713-1767.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|