Address to the vestry of Trinity Church, [electronic resource] / by Bishop Hobart, ; in answer to a pamphlet, entitled "A solemn appeal to the church, by the Rev. Cave Jones." ; To which is added, an appendix. By the Rev. J.Y. [i.e., T.Y.] How.
- Standardized Title:
- Letter to the vestry of Trinity Church
- Other Title:
- To the vestry of Trinity Church, New-York.
- New-York: : Printed for E. Sargeant, Broadway, opposite Trinity Church. 1811. Largin & Thompson, printers., 
- Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 23021.
, 113, , 20 p.
- Hobart, John Henry, 1775-1830.
Jones, Cave, 1769-1829.
How, Thomas Y. (Thomas Yardley), 1776-1855.
Feltus, Henry J. (Henry James), 1775-1828.
Jones, Cave, 1769-1829. Solemn appeal to the church.
Episcopal Church -- Controversial literature.
Trinity Church (New York, N.Y.).
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York New York.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Caption title: To the vestry of Trinity Church, New-York.
Signed on p. 113: J.H. Hobart. New-York, August 7, 1811.
Second edition. See "publisher's advertisement" on verso of title page: The first edition of Bishop Hobart's "Letter to the vestry of Trinity Church" having been a small one, and there being a pretty general call for a second and larger one, I was induced, without the concurrence or approbation of Bishop Hobart, to undertake it without communicating my intention to him. E. Sargeant.
Also issued with title: Letter to the vestry of Trinity Church ... (Shaw & Shoemaker 23022).
Error in paging: numbers 69-72 omitted from sequence.
"A statement by the Rev. Mr. How, in reply to those parts of the pamphlet of the Rev. Mr. Jones, which relate more particularly to himself."--p. -20, 2nd count. Recorded separately by Shaw & Shoemaker no. 23054.
Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2004-2007] Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 23021).
Includes bibliographical references.
- How, Thomas Y. (Thomas Yardley), 1776-1855.
Trinity Church (New York, N.Y.)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|