Statuta Amelie [manuscript].
- [Ameglia], 1575.
62 leaves : parchment ; 313 x 215 (245 x 175) mm. bound to 315 x 220 mm.
- Criminal law -- Italy.
Civil law -- Italy.
Law -- Italy -- History.
Italy -- Social life and customs.
Manuscripts, Latin -- 16th century.
- Divided into three sections. The statutes, all of the Italian town Ameglia, deal with everything from farming and fishing to legal proceedings and punishments. Liber primus begins with a table of contents of the statutes, divided by book and numbered in order of appearance. Its statutes deal with everyday issues, involving tradesmen, fishing, the meat industry, The second section mostly includes statutes on punishments. The final section addresses civil law, including libel, rent, and inheritance. The book is dated January 24, 1575, and signed Johannes Dominicus de Marchis olim Bernardi (f. 47r).
- 1. f.1r-20v: Liber primus.
2. f.20r-27r: De criminalibus.
3. f.28r-47r: De civilibus liber tertius.
- Ms. codex.
Title from spine.
Foliation: Paper, 62: iii (modern paper) + [i-iv], 1-47, [48-58], + iii (modern paper); contemporary foliation in ink, modern foliation in pencil, upper right recto.
Script: Written in a cursive hand, with some marginal notes in a later hand.
Decoration: Several manicules (f. iv recto, iv verso, 25v, 31r, 33r).
Origin: Written in Ameglia, in 1575 (f. 47r)
- Penn Provenance:
- Gift of Orville H. Bullitt.
- Cited in:
- Described in Zacour, Norman P. and Hirsch, Rudolf. Catalogue of Manuscripts in the Libraries of the University of Pennsylvania to 1800 (Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1965), Supplement A (5), The Library Catalogue vol. 37, no. 2 (1971), p. 98 (Ms. Lea 581).
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Codex 1255
- Bullitt, Orville H. (Orville Horwitz), 1894-1979, donor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|