The admirable history of the possession and conuersion of a penitent woman : sedvced by a magician that made her to become a witch and the princesse of sorcerers in the country of Prouince, who was brought to S. Baume to bee exorcised in the yeere 1610 in the moneth of Nouember, by the authority of the Reuerend Father and Frier Sebastian Michaëlis ... who appointed ... Frier Francis Domptius ... for the exorcismes and recollection of the acts / all faithfully set downe and fully verified ; wherevnto is annexed a Pnevmology, or, Discourse of spirits, made by the said Father Michaëlis, and by him reuiewed, corrected and enlarged ... ; translated into English by W.B.
- Standardized Title:
- Histoire admirable de la possession et conversion d'une penitente. English
- Other Title:
- Admirable history of the possession and conversion of a penitent woman
Discourse of Spirits
- At London : Imprinted for VVilliam Aspley, 
, 418, , 154,  p. ; 20 cm. (4to)
- enhe o-to lda- fohe (3) 1613 (Q)
- Dooms, François.
Demandolx, Madeleine de, 1593?-1670.
Gaufridy, Louis, 1572-1611.
Witchcraft -- France -- Provence -- Early works to 1800.
Exorcism -- France -- Provence -- Early works to 1800.
Demonology -- France -- Provence -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- In two parts. "A discourse of spirits", has separate, undated, title page on recto of leaf 2G2, and separate pagination; register is continuous. Formerly also STC 17855.
Dedication to the queene regent signed: F. Sebastian Michaelis.
Signatures: A⁸ B-2S⁸ 2T⁴ (A2 signed B2).
Differs from another edition by different spellings and lack of date on t.p.
Title within double ruled border.
Errata on last prelim. leaf.
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- ESTC S107052
STC (2nd ed.) 17854
- Aspley, William, d. 1640.
Kingston, Felix, printer.
STC Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Henry Charles Lea Library (University of Pennsylvania)
- Michaelis, Sébastien, 1543?-1618. Pneumalogie. English. 1613.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|