Nuremberg [videorecording] : les Nazis face à leurs crimes = Nuremberg : the Nazis facing their crimes / la Compagnie des Phares et Balises présente, en coproduction avec ARTE France ; un film de Christian Delage.
- Other Title:
- English title on container: Nuremberg : the Nazis facing their crimes
- France : Arte France ; Montreal : Imavision [distributor], c2006.
2 videodiscs (90 min.) : sd., col. and b&w ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 booklet (12 p. : ill. ; 18 cm).
- Nuremberg War Crime Trials, Nuremberg, Germany, 1946-1949.
Nuremberg Trial of Major German War Criminals, Nuremberg, Germany, 1945-1946.
- Documentary films.
Motion pictures, French.
- French, English, German and Russian with French or English subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD (regions 1 to 6, NTSC format), aspect ratio 4:3; Dolby digital.
- "Nuremberg, November 20, 1945--The trials of Nazi war criminals begins in a city still in ruins, barely six months after the Germans' surrender. The United States, France, Great Britain and the USSR unite to deliver exemplary justice in response to crimes against peace and, for the first time in history, to "crimes against humanity". On the accused bench sit 21 of the highest Nazi dignitaries, including Hermann Göring, Rudolph Hess, Joachim von Ribbentrop and Wilhelm Keitel. They all plead not guilty, although the "atrocities" committed are tremendous. As evidence, films of the liberation of the concentration camps would be screened, an unprecedented move, during the proceedings. Evidence is presented, confrontations arise, testimonies of executioners and victims are heard. After 10 months of hearings, the verdict is rendered: 12 defendants sentenced to death penalties, including one in absentia, seven sentenced to prison and three acquitted. Thus ends the trial that paved the way for the creation of international tribunals."--Container.
- Disc 1. French and English versions of the film
disc 2. That justice be done (1945, 10 min.) ; Nazi concentration camps (1945, 58 min.) ; The atrocities committed by the German-fascists in the USSR (1946, 60 min.)
- Narrators: Gilles Gaston-Dreyfus (French version), Christopher Plummer (English version).
- Editor, Stéphane Huter; camera, François Dagenais.
- Includes both original French and English versions.
Special features include three documentary newsreels from the US and USSR.
- Delage, Christian. , Director
Huter, Stéphane. , Editor
Dagenais, François. , Cinematographer
Gaston-Dreyfus, Gilles. , Narrator
Plummer, Christopher. , Narrator
Compagnie des Phares et Balises. , Producer
ARTE France. , Producer
Imavision (Firm) , Distributor
- That justice be done.
Nazi concentration camps.
Kinodokumenty o zverstvakh nemet︠s︡ko-fashistskikh zakhvatchikov : predstavli︠a︡etsi︠a︡ glavnym obvinitelem ot SSSR.
Atrocities committed by the German-fascists in the USSR.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|