Civitas Londini / by the industry of Jhon [sic] Norden.
- Other Title:
- Title in lower margin: View of London in 1600 by John Norden
- London : London Topographical Society, 1961.
- Publication (London Topographical Society) ; no. 94.
Publication / London Topographical Society ; no. 94
1 view ; 35 x 122 cm., on sheet 51 x 127 cm.
Not drawn to scale.
- Cartographic Data:
- Not drawn to scale.
- London (England) -- Aerial views -- Early works to 1800 -- Facsimiles.
- "This description of the moste famous citty, London, was performed in the yeare of Christe, 1600, and in the yeare of the moste wished and happy raigne of the right renowmed Quene Elisabeth, the fortye and two. Sir Nicholas Moseley Knight being Lorde Maior and Roger Clarke and Humphrey Wylde sherifes of the same."
"From the engraving in the de la Gardie Collection in the Royal Library, Stackholm."
Ill. of a parade of mostly horsemen at bottom.
Coats of arms at upper left and right.
Insets: London with key to selected places of interest -- Westminster.
- London Topographical Society.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|