Designing and assessing courses and curricula : a practical guide / Robert M. Diamond.
- 3rd ed.
- San Francisco : Jossey-Bass, c2008.
xxiv, 487 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Universities and colleges -- Curricula -- United States.
Curriculum planning -- United States.
Curriculum evaluation -- United States.
- A learning-centered approach to course and curriculum design
The expanding role of faculty in accreditation and accountability
Scholarship and faculty rewards
An introduction to the model and its benefits
Making the decision to go ahead
Linking goals, courses, and curricula
Gathering and analyzing essential data
Thinking in the ideal
Adjusting from the ideal to the possible
Clarifying instructional goals and learning outcomes
Designing and implementing your assessment plan: overview and assessing a curriculum
Designing and implementing your assessment plan: assessing a course
Designing the learning experience: the research on teaching and learning
Designing the learning experience: your instructional options
Using technology to support learning
Meeting the needs of adult learners
Developing a learning-centered syllabus
Using your data: curriculum and course revision
Learning from experience.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 461-466) and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the James Hosmer Penniman Book Fund.
- James Hosmer Penniman Book Fund.
- 9780470261347 (pbk.)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|