OECD environmental outlook to 2030.
- Other Title:
- Perspectives de l'environnement de l'OCDE à l'horizon 2030.
- Paris : OECD, c2008.
- Government document
517 p. : ill. (chiefly col.), maps ; 27 cm
- Environmental policy -- Economic aspects -- Forecasting.
Environmental protection -- Economic aspects -- Forecasting.
Environmental policy -- Social aspects -- Forecasting.
Environmental protection -- International cooperation.
Technology -- Environmental aspects -- Forecasting.
Green technology -- Forecasting.
- This publication provides analyses of economic and environmental trends to 2030, and simulations of policy actions to address the key challenges. Without new policies, we risk irreversibly damaging the environment and the natural resource base needed to support economic growth and well-being. The costs of policy inaction are high. But the outlook shows that tackling the key environmental problems we face today -- including climate change, biodiversity loss, water scarcity and the health impacts of pollution -- is both achievable and affordable. It highlights a mix of policies that can address these challenges in a cost-effective way. The focus of this Outlook is expanded from the 2001 edition to reflect developments in both OECD countries and Brazil, Russia, India, Indonesia, China, South Africa (BRIICS), and how they might better co-operate on global and local environmental problem-solving. -- Publisher's description.
- pt. 1. Drivers of environmental change. Consumption, production and technology
Population dynamics and demographics
Key variations to the standard expectation to 2030
pt. 2. Impacts of environmental change. Climate change
Waste and material flows
Health and environment
Cost of policy inaction
pt. 3. Policy responses. Sectoral developments and policies. Agriculture
Fisheries and aquaculture
Putting the policies together. Environmental policy packages
Institutions and approaches for policy implementation
Global environmental co-operation.
- Also available in French under the title: Perspectives de l'environnement de l'OCDE à l'horizon 2030.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|