Local innovations for growth in Central and Eastern Europe / edited by Sylvain Giguère.
- Paris : OECD, c2007.
- Local economic and employment development
- Government document
306 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Community development -- Europe, Eastern -- Finance.
Europe, Eastern -- Economic policy -- 1989-.
Europe, Eastern -- Economic conditions -- 1989-.
- Local development strategies represent an important response to the challenges of globalization, while providing a mechanism for seizing the new opportunities that globalization offers. Nearly two decades after the fall of the Berlin wall, this book evaluates progress made and identifies what needs to be done to speed up the drive towards prosperity in Central and Eastern Europe. It demonstrates that the success of local development strategies depends on the capacity of the government and its partners to accelerate change within the policy and governance aspects of economic and social development.--Publisher's description.
- Local innovations for growth in Central and Eastern Europe: policy and governance issues / Sylvain Giguère
Local governance for economic development: a comparative analysis of Canadian and Irish conditions and its lessons for Poland / David J.A. Douglas
Governance and local economic development: in search of an appropriate governance structure for Croatia / Ivana Rašić Bakarić, Marijana Sumpor and Jelena Šišinac̆ki
Building a governance framework that enables the establishment of partnerships in Slovenia: comparison with Ireland and Finland / by Zdenka Kovac̆
Strengthening non-governmental organisations for more effective local governance and partnerships in Serbia / Vladan Jeremić and Željko Šević
Enforcing the participation of civil society in local decision making: the lessons from the South-East Europe experience / Haralambos Kondonis
Participatory democracy: from ideals to realities
the lessons from three localities in Croatia / Irena Đokic, Nenad Starc and Paul Stubbs
Mobilising the population for maximum impact: UNDP's experience in Albania / Kalyan Pandey
Institutions, governance and the development of entrepreneurship in Central and Eastern Europe / David Smallbone
The experience of public-private partnerships in financing entrepreneurship in Eastern Germany and Poland / Holger Kuhle
Community development banking to foster entrepreneurship: a comparison between experiments in Hungary and Poland / Željko Šević
Tackling the problem of inadequate financing for local development: the case of Croatia / Dubravka Jurlina Alibegović
Fostering local development in Bulgaria: the need of fiscal decentralisation / Desislava Stoilova
Fiscal autonomy and the incentives to stimulate business growth and efficient public goods provision: the case of Belarus / Irina Kolesnikova.
- "LEED Programme"--P.  of cover.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Giguère, Sylvain.
Local Economic and Employment Development (Program)
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|