Measuring sustainable production.
- Paris : OECD, c2008.
- OECD sustainable development studies
- Government document
126 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Sustainable development -- Congresses.
Industrial efficiency -- Measurement -- Congresses.
Industrial productivity -- Measurement -- Congresses.
- Promoting sustainable production and consumption is at the core of sustainable development, which depends on achieving long-term economic growth that is consistent with environmental and social needs. This volume reviews the state-of-the-art in measuring sustainable production processes in industry. It includes metrics developed by business, trade unions, academics, NGOs, and the OECD and IEA. These measurement approaches cover the "triple bottom line" (economic, environmental and social dimensions) of industrial sustainability.--Publisher's description.
- pt. 1. Keynote addresses. Sustainable production as good business / Connie Hedegaard
Sustainable production as industrial policy / Finn Lauritzen
pt. 2. Workshop presentations. Developing indicators of energy efficiency / Cecilia Tam
Measuring social dimensions of sustainable production / Roland Schneider
Measuring ecological footprints / Mathis Wackernagel
Using environmental accounts / Lars Mortensen
Surveying firm environmental practices / Nick Johnstone
Measuring minimal manufacturing / Hideki Kita
Auditing industry performance / Johanne Gelinas
Developing a composite sustainability index / Rajesh Kumar Singh
Developing a product sustainability index / Wulf-Peter Schmidt.
- "Proceedings of an OECD workshop on Sustainable Manufacturing Production and Competitiveness held in Copenhagen, Denmark on 20-21 June 2007. The workshop was organized under the auspices of the OECD Horizontal Programme on Sustainable Development in conjunction with the OECD Committee on Industry, Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CIIE), the Environment Policy Committee (EPOC), and the International Energy Agency (IEA)"--P. 3.
Includes bibliographical references.
- OECD Horizontal Programme on Sustainable Development.
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|