The Bloody Assizes, or, A compleat history of the life of George Lord Jefferies, from his birth to this present time : wherein, among other things, is given a true account of his unheard of cruelties, and barbarous proceedings, in his whole western circuit : comprehending the whole proceedings, arraignment, tryals, and condemnation of all those who suffer'd in the west of England, in the year 1685 ... : to which is added Major Holmes's excellent speech, with the dying speeches and prayers of many other eminent Protestants ... / faithfully collected by several west-countrey gentlemen, who were both eye and ear-witnesses to all the matter of fact.
- Standardized Title:
- Bloody Assizes.
- Other Title:
- Compleat history of the life of George Lord Jefferies from his birth to this present time.
- London : Printed for J. Dunton at the Black Raven in the Poultrey, over against the Compter, and sold by R. Janeway in Queens-head-Alley in Pater-noster-Row, 1689.
70,  p. ; 20 cm. (4to)
- Jeffreys, George Jeffreys, Baron, 1644 or 5-1689.
Bloody Assizes, 1685
- Booksellers' advertisements -- England -- 17th century
- Dedication signed: James Bent. James Bent has been assumed to be a pseudonym for John Dunton. Cf. Parks, S. John Dunton, p. 40.
Later incorporated with The Dying speeches, letters, and prayers ... and additional material and published with title: A New martyrology.
Page  at end blank.
"A poem, to the memory of George Lord Jefferies" signed "John Carter": p. -.
"Advertisements": p.  at end.
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Wing B1906
Parks, S. John Dunton 57
- Dunton, John, 1659-1733.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|