A history of English poetry / by W.J. Courthope.
- Other records:
- New York ; London : Macmillan & Co., 1895-1910.
6 v. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- English poetry -- History and criticism.
- I. The middle ages. Influence of the Roman empire. The encyclopædic education of the church. The feudal system
II. The renaissance and the reformation. Influence of the court and the universities
III. The intellectual conflict of the seventeenth century. Decadent influence of the feudal monarchy. Growth of the national genius
IV. Development and decline of the poetic drama. Influence of the court and the people
V. The constitutional compromise of the eighteenth century. Effects of the classical renaissance, its zenith and decline. The early romantic renaissance
VI. The romantic movement in English poetry. Effects of the French revolution.
- Local notes:
- Preserved for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the John, Ruth, and Sally Ruth MacCorkell Fund.
Library's copy of v.1 lacks title
- John, Ruth, and Sally Ruth MacCorkell Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|