Advertising missionaries [videorecording] / Aspire Films and Ellipse Programme present an Australian French coproduction with ABC Australia, France 3, RTSR in association with the Australian Film Finance Corporation and the Centre National de la Cinematographie ; directed by Chris Hilton and Gauthier Flauder.
- New York, NY : First Run/Icarus Films, 1996.
1 videodisc (53 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Advertising -- Papua New Guinea.
Papua New Guinea -- Social life and customs.
- Documentary films.
- Some dialogue in Tok Pisin or Yaluba with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- In Papua New Guinea, where over three quarters of the population cannot be reached by the regular advertising mediums of television, radio or print, "the market" must be developed by other means. Small theater groups travel the remote highlands performing soap operas devised around advertising messages for a variety of products. Advertising Missionaries follows the mission of one theater company to bring the consumer revolution to the people of the highlands.
- Photography, Tony Wilson ; editor, Andrew Arestides.
- Hilton, Chris. , Director
Flauder, Gauthier. , Director
Ellipse Programme (Firm) , Producer
Australian Film Finance Corporation. , Producer
Aspire Films. , Producer
First Run/Icarus Films. , Distributor
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|