Your spirits walk beside us : the politics of Black religion / Barbara Dianne Savage.
- Cambridge, Massachusetts : The Belknap Press of Harvard University Press, 2008.
, 359,  pages ; 22 cm
- African American churches -- Political activity.
African American clergy -- Political activity.
African Americans -- Politics and government -- 20th century.
Civil rights movements -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
Christianity and politics -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Massachusetts Cambridge.
- The Reformation of the "Negro Church"
Illusions of Black Religion
In Pursuit of Pentecost
The Advent to Civil Rights
Southern Black Liberal Protestantism
A Religious Rebellion
- "Jacket design: Annamarie McMahon Why."
Includes bibliographical references (pages -340) and index.
- Local notes:
- Gift of Mr. & Mrs. Sheldon Hackney.
Storage copy signed by Sheldon Hackney in front and inscribed by the author to Hackney on t.p.
Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy: dustjacket retained.
Banks Collection copy inscribed "For Joanna - my oldest and dearest friend. xoxo. Barbara October 2008".
Banks Collection copy has business card of author laid in.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (inscription) (Banks Collection copy)
Savage, Barbara Dianne (autograph) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- 9780674031777 (alk. paper) :
0674031776 (alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|