Sounding salsa : performing Latin music in New York City / Christopher Washburne.
- Philadelphia : Temple University Press, c2008.
- Studies in Latin American and Caribbean music
xii, 254 p. : ill., music ; 23 cm.
- Salsa (Music) -- New York (State) -- New York -- History and criticism.
Salsa (Music) -- Social aspects -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Salsa bands and the performance of pueble
'The music is so good, but the scene is pure dues!': salsa musicians
'Play like there's a gun to your head!': the aesthetics and performance practice of sounding violence in salsa
New York salsa and drugs: aesthetics, performance practice, governmental policy, and the illicit drug trade
La India and the masquerading of gender on the salsa scene
'They are going to hear this in Puerto Rico. It has got to be good!': the sound and style of salsa.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -243) and index.
- 9781592133154 (cloth : alk. paper)
1592133150 (cloth : alk. paper)
9781592133161 (pbk. : alk. paper)
1592133169 (pbk. : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|