Hauru no ugoku shiro [videorecording] = Howl's moving castle / Walt Disney Studios presents a Tokuma Shoten/Studio Ghibli film ; Nippon Television Network ; Dentsu ; Buena Vista Home Entertainment ; Mitsubishi Corporation ; Tohokushinsha Film Corporation ; produced by Rick Dempsey, Ned Lott, Toshio Suzuki ; screenplay, Hayao Miyazaki ; from the novel by Diana Wynne Jones ; directed by Hayao Miyazaki.
- Other Title:
- Howl's moving castle [videorecording]
- Burbank, CA : Walt Disney Home Entertainment : Distributed by Buena Vista Home Entertainment, 2006.
2 videodiscs (ca. 119 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Jones, Diana Wynne -- Film adaptations.
Witches -- Drama.
Wizards -- Drama.
Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
- Animated films.
Action and adventure films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In Japanese, dubbed English or dubbed French; with optional English subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD, region 1; Dolby digital 5.1 surround.
- A young woman named Sophie is cursed by the Witch of the Waste and is turned into an old woman who is unable to tell anyone of her plight. Unable to continue her job at her mother's hat shop, she goes to the ambulatory castle of the notorious wizard Howl and insinuates herself into his household. Sophie befriends Calcifer, the fire demon who powers the castle and who is bound to Howl by a contract, the terms of which Calcifer cannot reveal. They promise to help each other with their problems. Like Calcifer, Howl can also see through the Witch's spell, and he and Sophie fall in love. Sophie helps Howl confront his former teacher, and the Witch of the Waste.
- Voices (English): Jean Simmons, Christian Bale, Lauren Bacall, Blythe Danner, Emily Mortimer, Josh Hutcherson, Billy Crystal.
- Director of photography, Atsuchi Okui ; editor, Takeshi Seyama ; music, Joe Hisaishi ; key animators, Makiko Futaki ... [et al.].
- Based on the novel: Howl's moving castle by Diana Wynne Jones.
Aspect ratio 1.85:1.
Originally released as a motion picture in 2004.
Special features (disc 1): behind the microphone; interview with Pete Docter; "Hello Mr. Lasseter: Hayao Miyazaki visits Pixar" featurette; TV spots and trailers (in Japanese, with optional English subtitles).
Special features (disc 2): storyboards (in English or Japanese, with optional English subtitles).
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Bernard W. Freeman Book Fund.
- Miyazaki, Hayao, 1941- , Director, Screenwriter
Dempsey, Richard. , Producer
Lott, Ned. , Producer
Suzuki, Toshio. , Producer
Simmons, Jean, 1929-2010 , Actor
Bale, Christian, 1974- , Actor
Bacall, Lauren, 1924- , Actor
Danner, Blythe. , Actor
Mortimer, Emily. , Actor
Hutcherson, Josh. , Actor
Crystal, Billy. , Actor
Okui, Atsushi. , Cinematographer
Seyama, Takeshi. , Editor
Futaki, Makiko. , Animator
Hisaishi, Joe. , Composer
Jones, Diana Wynne. , Author
Walt Disney Productions. , Producer
Sutajio Jiburi, Kabushiki Kaisha. , Producer
Tokuma Shoten. , Producer
Nihon Terebi. , Producer
Dentsū. , Producer
Mitsubishi Shōji Kabushiki Kaisha. , Producer
Tohokushinsha Film Corporation. , Producer
Walt Disney Home Entertainment (Firm) , Distributor
Buena Vista Home Entertainment (Firm). , Distributor
Bernard W. Freeman Book Fund.
- Publisher Number:
41399 Walt Disney Home Entertainment (set)
K6832 Walt Disney Home Entertainment (disc 1)
K6833 Walt Disney Home Entertainment (disc 2)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|