The urban social history of the Middle East, 1750-1950 / edited by Peter Sluglett.
- 1st ed.
- Syracuse, N.Y. : Syracuse University Press, 2008.
- Modern intellectual and political history of the Middle East
Modern intellectual and political history of the Middle East
xiv, 321 p. ; 24 cm.
- Cities and towns -- Middle East -- History.
Urbanization -- Middle East -- History.
Middle East -- History.
- Introduction / Peter Sluglett with Edmund Burke III
Interdependent spaces : relations between the city and the countryside in the nineteenth century / Sarah D. Shields
Political relations between city and state in the Middle East, 1700-1850 / Dina Rizk Khoury
The economic organization of cities in Ottoman Syria / Abdul-Karim Rafeq
Political relations between city and state in the colonial period / Leila Fawaz and Robert Ilbert
The demography of cities and the expansion of urban space / Bernard Hourcade
Moving out of place : minorities in Middle Eastern urban societies, 1800-1914 / Gudrun Krämer
Urban social movements, 1750-1950 / Sami Zubaida.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 261-313) and index.
- Sluglett, Peter.
- 9780815631941 (cloth : alk. paper)
0815631944 (cloth : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|