Carmen [videorecording] / Juan Alexander presenta una producción de Star Line Productions con la participación Televisión Española, Vía Digital, TeleMadrid ; coproducción hispano-inglesa-italiana, Star Line Productions, Parallel Pictures, Planet Pictures ; una película de Vicente Aranda ; guión, Joaquin Jordá y Vicente Aranda ; producida por Juan Alexander ; dirigid por Vicente Aranda.
- Ed. especial.
- Madrid : Suevia Films, 
2 videodiscs (ca. 114 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Mérimée, Prosper, 1803-1870 -- Film adaptations.
Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
- Feature films.
Motion pictures, Spanish.
- Spanish language track with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD; Region 0; 5.1 DTS.
- "Carmen revolves around a complex cast of characters, including Merimee (Jay Benedict), a writer and archeologist whose research in southern Spain circa 1830 brings him into contact with Jose (Leonardo Sbaraglia), a bandit. When Merimee meets the beautiful Carmen (Paz Vega) in a cathedral, Jose bursts in and orders Merimee to leave unless he wanted to be killed. Eventually, Jose reveals how he had met Carmen -- breaking up a fight between her and a co-worker who believed her to be a witch, and subsequently letting her off the hook rather than taking her to prison. When they next met, Carmen was working as a prostitute, which made Jose jealous enough to murder one of her clients. Afterwards, he dedicated his entire life to being with her, not caring who he killed along the way"--Tracie Cooper, All Movie Guide.
- Paz Vega, Leonardo Sbaraglia, Antonio Dechent.
- Original music, José Nieto ; cinematography, Paco Femenia ; editor, Teresa Font.
- Based on the novella by Prosper Mérimée.
Originally produced as a motion picture in 2003.
Container states PAL, however disc is compatible with NTSC players.
Special features: [disc. 1] Credits; [disc 2] "Reportajes", selected filmographies, music, graphic material, trailer and spots.
- Aranda, Vicente, 1926- , Director, Screenwriter
Vega, Paz, 1976- , Actor
Sbaraglia, Leonardo. , Actor
Dechent, Antonio. , Actor
Mérimée, Prosper, 1803-1870. , Author
Star Line Productions. , Producer
Televisión Española. , Producer
Vía Digital (Firm) , Producer
Planet Pictures (Firm) , Producer
Suevia Films. , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
2446 Suevia Films
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|