Understanding the castle ruins of England and Wales : how to interpret the history and meaning of masonry and earthworks / Lise Hull.
- Jefferson, N.C. : McFarland., c2009.
vii, 220 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Castles -- England -- History.
Castles -- Wales -- History.
Historic buildings -- England.
Historic buildings -- Wales.
Fortification -- England -- History.
Fortification -- Wales -- History.
England -- Antiquities.
Wales -- Antiquities.
- "A travel guide as well as a historical text, this volume looks at castles not just as ruined buildings, but as part of the cultural and scenic landscape. The photographs illustrate the different architectural concepts and castle features discussed in the text. Included are artist's renditions of castles and surroundings, glossary, and listing of castles and locations"--Provided by publisher.
- Castle development
From the outside
Exploring the interior
The manorial estate
The castle experience.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 205-211) and index.
- 9780786434572 (ill. case bdg. : alk. paper)
0786434570 (ill. case bdg. : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|