The drama of the portrait : theater and visual culture in early modern Spain / Laura R. Bass.
- University Park, Pa. : Pennsylvania State University Press, c2008.
xii, 180 p. : ill. (chiefly col.), map, ports. ; 30 cm.
- Spanish drama -- Classical period, 1500-1700 -- History and criticism.
Literature and society -- Spain -- History -- 16th century.
Literature and society -- Spain -- History -- 17th century.
Art and literature -- Spain -- History -- 16th century.
Art and literature -- Spain -- History -- 17th century.
- "Examines theater and portraiture as interrelated social practices in seventeenth-century Spain. Features visual images and cross-disciplinary readings of selected plays that employ the motif of the painted portrait to key dramatic and symbolic effect"--Provided by publisher.
- Dramas of the portrait
Visual literacy and urban comedy
The powers and perils of doubles
Framing the margins on center stage.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 159-170) and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Horace Howard Furness Memorial Fund.
- Horace Howard Furness Memorial Fund.
- 9780271033044 (cloth : alk. paper)
0271033045 (cloth : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|