The literature of collecting : & other essays / by Richard Wendorf.
- 1st ed.
- Boston, MA : Boston Athenæum ; New Castle, DE : Oak Knoll Press, 2008.
366 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
- Collectors and collecting -- Philosophy.
Art -- Collectors and collecting.
Art objects -- Collectors and collecting.
- "Philosophical essays related to collecting, in the world of books and of visual arts. Examines topics in library history, the career and relationships of eighteenth-century British painter Joshua Reynolds, recent theoretical and fictional texts about collecting, and the librarian-author's experiences as both critic and subject of portraiture"--Provided by publisher.
- The literature of collecting
The Boston Athenæum, 1807-2007
Making sense of Romney
Celebrating Sir Joshua
"Well said Mr. Northcote"
A blue-stocking friendship (with Charles Ryskamp)
Burke's Reynolds, Reynolds's Burke
London, June 1780.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the George Clapp Vaillant Book Fund.
Athenaeum copy: Gift of Lea Carson Sherk.
- George Clapp Vaillant Book Fund.
- 9781584562306 (alk. paper)
1584562307 (alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|