The times of Harvey Milk [videorecording] / Black Sand Productions presents ; produced by Richard Schmiechen ; directed by Rob Epstein.
- 20th anniversary collector's ed.
- New York, NY : New Yorker Video, c2004.
2 videodiscs (88 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Milk, Harvey.
Gay politicians -- California -- San Francisco.
Assassination -- California -- San Francisco.
Gay men -- California -- San Francisco -- Biography.
Gay liberation movement -- United States.
San Francisco (Calif.) -- Politics and government.
- Documentary films.
- System Details:
- DVD ; Dolby Digital 2.0 mono.
- Documents the life, career, and assassination of Harvey Milk, the first openly gay person elected to public office in San Francisco. Milk was shot to death, along with mayor George Moscone, by city supervisor Dan White on Nov. 22, 1978; White was convicted of voluntary manslaughter and was paroled in 1985. Examines Milk's life leading up to his assassination, his successful efforts to politically represent San Francisco's gay community, and the city's reaction to the assassinations through extensive news footage and personal recollections.
- Harvey Milk, Anne Kronenberg, Tory Hartmann, Tom Ammiano, Jim Elliot, Henry Der, Jeannine Yeomans, Bill Kraus, Sally M. Gearhart ; narrated by Harvey Fierstein.
- Director of photography, Frances Reid ; editors, Rob Epstein, Deborah Hoffman ; music, Mark Isham.
- Originally aired as a television documentary in 1984.
Special features: disk 1: commentary with Rob Epstein, Deborah Hoffman, and Daniel Nicoletta. disk 2: outtakes featurette: Harvey speaks out; Academy Award's presentation 1985; San Francisco premiere - Castro Theatre; Rob Epstein and Tom Ammiano at the Director's Guild Los Angeles; Dan White update; alternate ending; 1st anniversary: Mayor Dianne Feinstein; 25th anniversary: Harry Britt: Harvey Milk's appointed successor; Chris Moscone, George Moscone's son; The Dan White case revisited; Stuart Milk, Harvey Milk's nephew; candlelight memorial; filmmaker's photo gallery; theatrical trailer.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Class of 1924 Book Fund.
- Epstein, Robert P., 1955- , Director
Schmiechen, Richard, 1947-1993. , Producer
Milk, Harvey. , Associated name
Kronenberg, Anne. , Associated name
Hartmann, Tory. , Associated name
Ammiano, Tom. , Associated name
Elliot, Jim. , Associated name
Der, Henry. , Associated name
Yeomans, Jeannine. , Associated name
Kraus, Bill. , Associated name
Gearhart, Sally M. , Associated name
Fierstein, Harvey, 1954- , Narrator
Frances, Reid. , Cinematographer
Epstein, Robert P., 1955- , Editor
Hoffman, Deborah. , Editor
Isham, Mark. , Composer
Black Sand Productions. , Producer
New Yorker Video (Firm) , Distributor
Class of 1924 Book Fund.
- Publisher Number:
NYV92204 New Yorker Video
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|