When Willie comes marching home [videorecording] / Twentieth Century Fox presents ; produced by Fred Kohlmar ; screen play by Mary Loos and Richard Sale ; directed by John Ford. Up the river : a comedy drama / William Fox presents ; screenplay and dialog by Maurine Watkins ; directed by John Ford.
- Beverly Hills, CA : 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment, c2007.
- Ford at Fox collection.
Ford at Fox collection
1 videodisc (82 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- Gomberg, Sy -- Film adaptations.
Watkins, Maurine -- Film adaptations.
World War, 1939-1945 -- Drama.
Soldiers -- Drama.
Ex-convicts -- Drama.
Escapes -- Drama.
- Comedy films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English with optional English, French, or Spanish subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC; Dolby Digital mono.
- (When Willie comes marching home) After being stationed at a base in his home town for two years, a soldier finally proves his heroism when he unwittlingly lands in German-occupied France.
(Up the river) Two convicts break out of prison to aid a married couple who are being blackmailed.
- Side A. When Willie comes marching home (82 min.)
Side B. Up the river (85 min.)
- (When Willie come marching home) Dan Dailey, Corinne Calvet, Colleen Townsend, William Demarest.
(Up the river) Spencer Tracy, Claire Luce, Warren Hymer, Humphey Bogart.
- (When Willie comes marching home) director of photography, Leo Tover; editor, James B. Clark; music, Alfred Newman.
(Up the river) director of photography, Joseph August; editor, Frank Hull; music, Joseph McCarthy, James F. Hanley.
- When Willie comes marching home is based on a story [scenario?] by Sy Gomberg.
Up the river is based on the story [scenario?] by Maurine Watkins.
Videodisc release of the motion pictures produced in 1950 (When Willie comes marching home) and 1930 (Up the river).
Special features: deleted scenes; restoration comparison; original theatrical trailers; interactive pressbook gallery; advertising gallery (When Willie comes marching home); stills gallery (Up the river).
"Single layer, double sided."
"We brought this film to DVD using the best surviving film material available."--Opening frames, Up the river.
Aspect ratio 1.33:1.
- Ford, John, 1894-1973 , Director
Kohlmar, Fred, 1905-1969 , Producer
Fox, William. , Producer
Loos, Mary. , Adapter, Screenwriter
Sale, Richard. , Adapter, Screenwriter
Gomberg, Sy. , Author
Watkins, Maurine. , Adapter, Screenwriter, Author
Dailey, Dan, 1914-1978. , Actor
Calvet, Corinne. , Actor
Townsend, Colleen. , Actor
Tracy, Spencer, 1900-1967 , Actor
Luce, Claire. , Actor
Hymer, Warren, 1906-1948. , Actor
Bogart, Humphrey, 1899-1957 , Actor
Newman, Alfred, 1901-1970 , Composer
McCarthy, Joseph, 1885-1943. , Composer, Lyricist
Hanley, James F. (James Frederick), 1892-1942. , Composer, Lyricist
Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation. , Producer
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Inc. , Distributor
- Up the river [videorecording]
- Publisher Number:
2248278 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|