The witches of Huntingdon : their examinations and confessions; exactly taken by his Majesties justices of peace for that county : Whereby will appeare how craftily and dangerously the devill tempteth and seizeth on poore soules : The reader may make use hereof against hypocrisie, anger, malice, swearing, idolatry, lust, covetousnesse, and other grievous sins, which occasioned this their downfall.
- London : Printed by W. Wilson, for Richard Clutterbuck, 1646.
, 15,  p. ; 18 cm. (4to)
- hei- ndon ido- rini (3) 1646 (A)
- Witchcraft -- England -- Huntingdon -- Early works to 1800.
Trials (Witchcraft) -- England -- Huntingdon -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- The Epistle Dedicatorie signed: John Davenport.
Dedicated to the justices of Huntingdon.
- Local notes:
- Lea Library copy has bookplate of James Comerford on inside pastedown; Henry Charles Lea's bookplate on rear pastedown and autograph dated 1883 on front free endpaper.
- Penn Provenance:
- Lea, Henry Charles, 1825-1909 (autograph) (bookplate)
Comerford, James (bookplate)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Wing (CD-Rom, 1996), D368
ESTC (RLIN), R200949
- Henry Charles Lea Library (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|