Immigrant stories : ethnicity and academics in middle childhood / Cynthia García Coll, Amy Kerivan Marks.
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2009.
- Child development in cultural context.
Child development in cultural context
x, 288 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Children of immigrants -- United States.
Children of immigrants -- Education -- United States.
Child development -- Cross-cultural studies.
- Immigrant stories: ethnicity and educational pathways during middle childhood
Why study children of immigrants?
The developmental tasks of middle childhood
The children of immigrants: development in context (CIDC) study
The Cambodian community: small, isolated, and resilient
The Dominican community: recent, growing, and vibrant
The Portuguese community: steady, long established, and partially integrated
Modeling children of immigrants' academic achievement
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 251-282) and index.
- Marks, Amy Kerivan.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|